*Clarification from Yesterday's Post

Tuesday, February 5, 2013
10:15 am

In light of yesterday's blog post, I wanted to clarify this point: I love all my brothers. Any forgiveness I needed to extend to them, has been given. We haven't talked about the issues I wrote about yesterday, and I don't know that we ever will. For that matter, I don't know that they have thought about it or even realized it created problems for me. I do NOT blame them in any way for what I have done to my own body. We were children. Kids do and say stupid, cruel, and hurtful things. It's the nature of the beast. I'm sure I retaliated in my own way when we were young.

I remember one incident when I was hateful to my brother, Mark. We were at our Aunt Sandy and Uncle Paul's house and a bunch of us cousins were in the kitchen. I have no idea what was going on, but I do remember, I grabbed Mark's hair, pulled hard, and refused to let go until he was on his knees on the floor crying. He ran off, embarrassed and hurt. I agonized over that for years, regretting my awful cruelty to my brother. Years later, I had the chance to tell him through tears how sorry I was that I did that to him, and I asked for his forgiveness. As I recall, he didn't remember the incident, but I sure did. It haunted me for so long. And though I know he has forgiven me, and I've repented before God, I still cringe when I think about it.

I was asked yesterday, by a dear friend, if my brothers were on facebook. Naturally, if they were, my friend was concerned they would read the blog and what I wrote about them. Two of them are, but I would be surprised if they read my blog. I did, however, want to set the record straight. My brothers and I love each other and enjoy the opportunities we get to see one another once a year or once every couple of years.

I hope you're having a terrific Tuesday.

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment