Another Saturday Morning

Saturday, January 26, 2013
8:12 am

This past week just seemed to get away from me and that means no blog update. I don't like going so long without writing. It's like not getting to talk with your best friend for days in a row; the longer you're apart, the more you think, I really want to connect with my friend. So here I am, if only for a few minutes. See, I have a date with a very handsome young man at 9:00 this morning. Our grandson, Jacob, is coming over to hang with Grandma for a couple hours while Mommy and Daddy try to get some outside work done on their house.

So, how was YOUR week? Mine was fine. Not remarkable. Not  amazing. Just fine. We had some lovely cool weather last week, and I'm a huge fan of that, especially living in Florida where the heat and humidity are oppressive much of the year. Work was okay, though I'm increasingly convinced with each passing day that it will soon be time to leave education, or at least teaching in high school. I am exploring my options, though not aggressively. And naturally, my mind keeps wandering back to the job I really wish I could apply for, but can't yet.

Do any of you find yourself thinking about life and your dreams and imagining a Plan A and a Plan B? By that I mean, Plan A is the dream in your heart of the way you want to live your life and doing what you believe you were put here to do? (I'm not talking about the career in my last post here) But for whatever reason, that Plan A life hasn't yet materialized, so you think about Plan B? This is the desire of my heart, the thing I'm convinced I'm meant to do, but since it hasn't happened, or since it may not happen, I could be happy doing this other thing? That's where I seem to find myself lately. The truth is that I'm not ready yet to throw in the towel, to give up on Plan A. More on that in another post. Are my thoughts just too random this morning? Probably.

Meantime, on the healthy living front . . . I'm still moving forward. I'm feeling lighter. My clothes are fitting better. And I have been able to start wearing my wedding ring again. Not only that, but I can wear the beautiful diamond ring my grandfather bought for my grandmother for their fortieth wedding anniversary in 1963, which she passed down to my mom many, many years ago, and which she passed down to me on a Christmas morning probably seven or eight years ago. I can wear my wedding ring AND the diamond together and that is HUGE for me. Plus, I pulled a couple pair of pants out of the deep recesses of my closet that I had forgotten I had since they were tucked away when they seemed to "shrink." They fit! I wore them this week to work. Oh yeah. I'd say that's progress. I'm still tracking what I eat on loseit.com, and while I often go beyond the calorie limit the website has set for me, I'm still eating fewer calories than I had been eating.

I suppose that's all for now. I need to eat breakfast and get dressed and prepare to play with Jacob. I'll be back to chat very soon. No more letting life get in the way. I've missed you all. Have a wonderful weekend, and give yourselves the love you need. The Bible tells us to love our neighbor as we love ourselves. If we don't love ourselves, we can't love others. I'm learning this at the age of 53. It's never too late.

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment